Make Voice and Video Calling Website Using NextCloud
Today, We will learn how to make voice and video calling websites using NextCloud on the Ubuntu server. Voice and Video calling website is so simple using NextCloud Server. Everyone can make a video calling website by following our guidelines. You can also convert this website into an android app with android WebView.
Table of Contents
NextCloud Server Features
- File Storage: NextCloud lets you keep all your files in one place. You can access them from anywhere.
- Share Files: You can easily share your files with other people.
- Calendar: NextCloud has a calendar. You can keep track of your plans.
- Contacts: You can keep all your contacts in NextCloud.
- Video Call: You can make video calls with NextCloud.
- Extra Safety: Your files are very safe because you can set up passwords.
- Work Together: Many people can work on the same file at the same time.
- Mobile App: NextCloud has an app. You can use it on your phone.
- Easy to Use: It is very simple to use NextCloud.
- Free: NextCloud is free to use. You don’t have to pay money.
Step 1: Install NextCloud Server To Make Voice and Video Calling Website
First of All,
Step 2: Install TurnServer On Your Ubuntu
We need to Install a TurnServer on our Ubuntu VPS server for video calling communication.
sudo apt-get install coturn
sudo sed -i '/TURNSERVER_ENABLED/c\TURNSERVER_ENABLED=1' /etc/default/coturn
After installing TurnServer, We need the following configuration setting in
Run the following command to open the turn server configuration file.
sudo nano /etc/turnserver.conf
Uncomment following options
#tls-listening-port=5349 (if you want SSL port and uncomment and enter 443)
listening-ip=185.XX.XXX.XXX (put here your ip)
relay-ip=185.XX.XXX.XXX (put here your ip)
( open new window in putty, generate a secret by running command openssl rand -hex 32 copy secrete and paste here )
uncomment this option and change it to your FQDN
(if you want to use ssl then uncomment and give ssl path here)
also set cipher-list="ECDH+AESGCM:DH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:DH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+AES:ECDH+3DES:DH+3DES:RSA+AES:RSA+3DES:!ADH:!AECDH:!MD5"
After that, we need to restart the turn server by running the following commands.
service coturn restart
Step 3: Enable Video Talk App In NextCloud Server
Its most important part to Make Voice and Video Calling Website. After installing the NextCloud server, Now we need to enable the NextCloud Talk app. Please log in with the admin username and open Apps option. Then search Talk App from the Social & Communication option then click download and enable button. Now, Go to Setting > under Administration > Talk. You will see the screenshot. Put in stun server option your-IP:3478. Put in turn server option your-IP:3478 & shared secret which you have given in turn server configuration file.
In conclusion: We will hope, You will make your own audio and video calling website by following our guidelines. If you are facing any problem, please tell us in the comment we will try to solve your problem.